UNIX/Linux/Windows Patch Management Coordinator
6 months + to multiple year contract
Bessemer, AL 35022
Our client's department is part of the transmission organization with the general responsibility of providing information systems to the operating companies and the Power Control Center (PCC) for the purpose of controlling the transmission systems within their control area. The department utilizes a large number of computer systems and system platform types as part of the infrastructure. This includes a significant number of UNIX/Linux Servers and workstations. As part of the management of the UNIX/Linux based systems and to fulfil security and compliance requirements, there is a need to perform patch management of these systems. They accomplish these requirements through the use of patch management tools provided by the operating systems. The department has a need for an individual to manage the patching of UNIX/Linux systems.
- The UNX/Linux Patch Coordinator will be a member of the IE team, ensuring that all systems running the UNIX/Linux operating system are patched in accordance with the CIP standards with a focus on maximizing uptime for each system.
- Perform all work following IT Change Management Policies.
- Create/modify documented procedures for applying patches.
- Communicate verbally and in written format the patching schedule to the system owners, customers and management on regular intervals.
- Work with IE UNIX/Linux admins to refine the patching process to meet the current compliance requirements.
- Coordinate patching and potential outages with the EMS Support Center.
- Participate in meetings as requested.
- Learn the role of the systems being patched and be prepared to document the impact to the customer when patches are being applied.
- Maintain a safe work environment.
- Foster team work.
Experience & Education:
- Bachelors Science Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Information technology certifications are a plus.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience patching large numbers of UNIX/Linux systems running different versions.
- Experience with Redhat and Solaris patching tools and processes.
- Knowledge of Sun xVM Ops Center and RedHat Satellite software is desired.
- Basic UNIX/Linux systems administration knowledge.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent organizational skills to manage communications and patching of multiple systems
- Experience with change management policies and procedures.
- Experience with scheduling changes and use of change management systems.
- Self-motivated with attention to details, accuracy and follow-up with customers.
- High degree of focus on team success.
- Outstanding communication skills including the ability to communicate with team members,
customers and management in a professional manner.
- Demonstrates the ability to build and maintain excellent relationships.
- Effectively organize task, manage multiple priorities to meet deadlines.
For immediate consideration, please forward resume to (see below)
Synergis is a woman-owned company that serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognitions by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Recently named the Best Place to Work in Atlanta by the Atlanta Business Chronicle, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 10 years.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Employment Type: Contract
Duration: 6months + to mult years
Pay: $30 to $35 USD
Pay Period: Hourly
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on Bronze Magazine