Sr. Systems Engineer
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Direct Hire: $100K - $130K
What they are looking for:
Team consist of 7 engineers, 3 in Poland, 4 onsite in Atlanta.
Manager is the Data Center Ops leader for the Western Hemisphere. Two engineers recently left and they are bogged down so they need to add this head to their team. Really needs an A+ player, previous payments experience is welcomed.
The team works on a number of different projects:
Customer Facing Apps
Ensuring code is up to date
Financial payments apps
95% VMWare moving to 6.5 soon
60% Windows shop 40% Linux Redhat
EMC Storage environment -- VNX Unity Storage -- All Flash high performance
Any storage knowledge is acceptable
Patching, capacity management responsibility
Windows implementations exp./Linux Implementation exp.
Preferred Windows and VMWare exp..
Collaborative team and will not hire if they do not fit team. Needs to be a nice person who is willing to help when a team member needs them... ability to wear multiple hats is a necessity.
Flex work hours, casual dress code, works mostly onsite but some remote work if necessary. Vacation is determined by manager, unlimited vacation within reason.
- Server and Storage support globally with approximately 70 sites around the world.
- Design, Develop and maintain installation, configuration, and operational procedures and documentation.
- Responsible for leading, managing, and providing advanced solving problems and providing support and problem resolution for the entire virtualized infrastructure.
- You understand and can produce project, procedural, and as-built documentation.
YOUR KNOWLEDGE & EXPERTISE:
- 5 years professional experience in IT.
- Strong working knowledge of Data Center technologies, including: Windows Server 2, VMware 5.5/6.x.
- Expertise of network based storage systems and SAN, VSAN architecture.
- Experience with datacenter hardware installation and configuration of DELL Servers and DELL MD Storage.
- Advanced knowledge of established internal and external IT industry standards, practices, and methodologies as well as advanced analytical skills.
YOUR TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Experience operating large, high-availability, redundant, transaction-based systems.
- Experience in troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving.
- Power-Shell Scripting an advantage and experience with virtualization, including VMware applications.
- Experience/understanding of Hyper-converged systems.
- Experience of backup solutions in a virtualized environment
- Deep understanding of Networks and Firewall infrastructure and Data Center technologies including Linux/Unix server operations.
- Experience of remote working and working in a globally dispersed team
YOUR EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Diploma/Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering/Computer Science or its equivalent.
- VMware Microsoft certifications preferred. ITIL experience desired.
- Windows Server MCSA/MCSE Certifications (preferred).
Employment Type: Permanent
Work Hours: Full Time
Pay: $100,000 to $130,000 USD
Pay Period: Annual
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on Bronze Magazine