Senior Major Gifts Officer
Mote Marine Laboratory, located in Sarasota, Florida, was founded in 1955 as an independent marine research institution and has since become a, internationally distinguished and diverse research enterprise with additional focus on science education, public outreach, and public policy programs.
The Senior Major Gifts Officer will report directly to the Development Director and work independently and as part of the Development Team. The Senior Major Gifts Officer will be responsible for securing significant revenue for Mote Marine Laboratory. The Senior Major Gifts Officer will be expected to develop dynamic fundraising strategies focused on engaging, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding an assigned portfolio of prospects as well as developing new prospects focused on leadership level giving for the organization.
• The Senior Major Gifts Officer is an energetic, goal-driven, customer service-oriented team member.
• The successful candidate should possess a broad knowledge of the principles of fundraising, moves management and the ability to participate in all aspects of the gift cycle.
• Candidate must also possess a proven track record in individual gift fundraising, managing a large portfolio including experience closing gifts of $100,000+.
• The Senior Major Gifts Officer must possess an understanding of the principles and vehicles of Planned Giving.
• Experience in corporate fundraising highly desirable.
• Candidate must have at least five years of professional Major Gift experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have demonstrated qualitative success in working with member-based organizations and volunteers.
• Must demonstrate strong listening skills, strong oral and written communication skills, sophisticated interpersonal and relationship-building skills, and be literate in standard office software.
• Experience maintaining donor records in database.
• Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
• Experience with capital campaigns is a plus.
• Experience managing people highly desirable.
• Bachelor degree or equivalent experience is required
Interested applicants should submit as a single electronic file, 1) a cover letter, 2) resume, and 3) the names and contact information for three references, before 5pm December 7, 2018 to email address provided. Alternatively, a single package of all requested elements may be submitted to Mote Marine Laboratory, Attn: Human Resources, 1600 Ken Thompson Parkway, Sarasota, FL 34236
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other protected category.