Are you interested in helping companies and cities become more sustainable? Do you want to learn how leading organizations are using technology to produce clean energy, make buildings and transportation more efficient, and reduce carbon emissions and waste? Do you want to use your excellent communication and organizational skills for social good? Do you like engaging with people and have a passion for the work that you do? Then you could be the next Sales Assistant at GreenBiz.
As our Sales Assistant you will:
- Support the team in executing the GreenBiz sales strategy
- Develop sponsorship and advertising proposals in collaboration with sales manager
- Field inquiries from companies and organizations interested in reaching the GreenBiz audience
- Research and identify new sponsorship leads and opportunities
- Track prospects and leads through the sales process
- Close business directly or escalate to manager based on opportunity
- Input closed contracts in CRM (Salesforce) and ensure all deliverables are executed in collaboration with relevant team members
- Maintain CRM database including account and contact information
- Attend industry events as needed
- Manage sales inventory including writing sales product descriptions and proposal language
- Manage online sales pages and corresponding Marketo processes
- Create sales promotions and collateral in collaboration with marketing team, including but not limited to
- Sales presentation deck
- Sales prospectuses and collateral
- Monthly sales promotional emails
- Ensure sales documents, communications and collateral are aligned with marketing objectives
Our ideal candidate will be tech-savvy and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. You should be a resourceful, self-starter who is eager to prospect new sales opportunities, nurture leads and close business. You are creative, well organized, detail-oriented, able to multi-task and take direction from multiple people. You love working with current and prospective clients to understand their marketing goals and consistently meet or exceed them. Previous sales or marketing related experience preferred but not required. BA or equivalent preferred.
GreenBiz offers full health and dental benefits and a culture that is collaborative, hardworking, and fun.
We are located in downtown Oakland, next to BART and AC Transit transportation lines, Frank Ogawa Plaza and tons of great food options! Position is currently open and we are looking to fill as soon as possible. Candidates will be evaluated on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
GreenBiz Group’s mission is to define and accelerate the business of sustainability. We do this through a wide range of products and services, including our acclaimed website GreenBiz.com and e-newsletters, GreenBuzz and VERGE; webcasts on topics of importance to sustainability and energy executives; research reports, including the annual State of Green Business; the GreenBiz Executive Network, a membership-based, peer-to-peer learning forum for sustainability executives; and conferences: the annual GreenBiz forum in Phoenix and VERGE 18 in Oakland and VERGE Hawaii in Honolulu. For more information, visit https://www.greenbiz.com/about-us
Equal Employment Opportunity
GreenBiz Group values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. GreenBiz Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.