A Project Manager at Brightworks Sustainability has experience managing and consulting in the sustainable design and construction of green buildings, as well as the sustainable maintenance and operations of existing facilities, with deep expertise with all versions of LEED and exposure and practice with other sustainability frameworks and green building rating systems (GreenPoint Rated, Passive Haus, Living Building Challenge, Green Globes, BREEAM, WELL, and Fitwel).
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated capabilities to meet client expectations, manage sustainability projects, coordinate with internal resources and external partners, and participate in the ongoing refinement and expansion of a sustainability and green building consulting practice.
Key job requirements include managing LEED, green building, and sustainability services, maintaining and expanding existing client relationships and contributing to sustainability thought leadership in the region.
Successful performance in this role also requires collaborating with Principals and Project Coordinators, as well as some oversight and mentoring of junior staff. It is also expected that the successful candidate would contribute to Brightworks ongoing innovation and business leadership.
This position is located in the Brightworks Sustainability New York office to serve clients primarily in the East Coast regional market, but also nationally and internationally as necessary.
This position requires previous experience on multiple LEED projects. Preference will be given to candidates with LEED EBOM experience.
1. 3-5 years of relevant experience in LEED EB/NC/CS/CI rating systems
2. LEED Accredited Professional designation
3. Bachelor’s degree in an environmental, engineering or sustainability-related field.
4. Proven project management experience in sustainability consulting, architecture, engineering, construction or real estate with demonstrated abilities to manage multiple complex projects with various stakeholders and technical detail.
5. Experience directing and overseeing the work of junior staff, taking responsibility for all aspects of a project to deliver high quality results on schedule and within the budgeted project cost.
6. Experience working with corporate accounts and client relationship management.
7. Business development experience including identifying leads and assistance in scoping and writing proposals.
8. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong presentation skills.
9. Adept at working with MS Office Suite, including Outlook, Excel and Word.
This position will be staffed out of our New York office.
This position reports to a Brightworks Principal.
Project Delivery – the successful candidate will:
- Have technical skills and experience relevant to managing multiple LEED or green building performance certification projects simultaneously; be detail-oriented, organized and capable of solving problems and setting priorities involved with managing several accounts/projects at once.
- Be able to lead projects and be a team member working on a project with equal facility.
- Be able to manage all aspects of the cost, schedule and quality of a client engagement.
Business Development – The successful candidate will have responsibilities for scoping and delivery of Brightworks’ sustainability services throughout California, and providing technical support to our other offices in Portland and Los Angeles and to our national accounts.
- Customize Brightworks’ project management processes and technical services to the needs of clients.
- Develop trusting professional relationships with clients including developers, owner, architects, engineers and planners.
- Be easy to do business with – be available, be responsive, and be accountable.
- Assure client expectations are managed to and consistently exceeded.
About Brightworks Sustainability:
Recognized for subject matter expertise, wide-ranging technical resources, and creative problem-solving, Brightworks Sustainability is one of the most trusted sustainability consulting firms in the United States. Founded in 2001, Brightworks helps clients in over 25 industries establish and implement sustainability programs that increase their operational performance and reduce their environmental footprints.
A certified B Corp, Brightworks Sustainability is committed to benefiting society while serving its customers.
Our salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience. We provide generous employee benefits.
Our comprehensive benefit package includes medical, dental, vision, life, and short-term & long-term disability insurance, as well as an Employee Assistance Program (EAP). We offer a 401(k) plan with many sustainable & socially equitable fund options and a company match. We subsidize sustainable commuting options and offer an Employee Wellness Benefit. Other benefits include Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and flexible schedules.
Brightworks Sustainability is an equal opportunity employer.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on Bronze Magazine