This position is responsible for increasing our positive impact on employees in agricultural supply chains by supporting brands and growing sales of Fair Trade Certified™ (FTC) consumer packaged goods. We are looking for an experienced and dynamic team member to work with FTUSA’s current brand partners, and increase the number of businesses offering and promoting Fair Trade Certified consumer packaged goods, particularly those sourcing coconut and tea ingredients.
Day-to-day, that means you will be (a) managing ongoing relationships with top consumer package goods brands; (b) cultivating new partnerships, educating companies about the importance of Fair Trade, and figuring out how to make Fair Trade work for their business; (c) helping register new companies and their Fair Trade Certified products; (d) working hand-in-hand with our dynamic supply chain and certification teams to ensure successful outcomes at FTC farms.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Work with FTUSA Senior Manager of CPG Business Development and peers to enable the rapidly growing CPG program to scale.
- Develop and manage new relationships with large CPG companies to offer and grow sales of Fair Trade Certified products. Drive the sales process from prospecting to close, which will include following up on leads and making formal presentations.
- Communicate the business, social and environmental advantages of Fair Trade certification to various levels to external parties in a way that it is understood, valued and demonstrated.
- Support existing FTUSA brand partners and FTC suppliers on all day to day business needs, helping them to achieve their Fair Trade expansion goals and promote their Fair Trade Certified offerings.
- Work across the FTUSA organization with our supply chain and certification teams to help support existing and on-board new factories which serve these accounts.
- Work with the FTUSA marketing department and our partners on promotions and tools to maximize consumer outreach.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience with retailer and consumer brands working in corporate level sales, new business development, marketing account management, or consulting.
- Existing experience and relationships with consumer-packaged goods companies is preferred.
- You recognize that getting things done means -
playing well with others, so you’re a great coalition builder, whether with people on your team, in other departments, or in the food industry.
- Strong project management skills. Ability to manage multiple projects at one time and collaborate with your peers to achieve deliverables.
- Demonstrated selling success with complex programs and long-selling cycles. Knowledge in developing market acquisition strategy and implementation.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to move at the speed of business. Strong verbal and written communication skills - excellent at following up on leads and negotiation.
- Comfortable interacting with everyone from Fortune 100 (can access the C suite) to smaller businesses, brands and retailers. Strong public speaking skills.
- Comprehension of sustainable, economic, and social development programs and approaches.
- You believe deeply that most current approaches to the planet and its people doesn’t work, and you want to make things better.
- Entrepreneurial spirit. Takes initiative to problem-solve and provide innovative ideas and Confident individual contributor, but excels at collaboration and working as a team player with your peers, and external constituents to deliver the best results.
- Proficient basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office and Salesforce.
- Can travel frequently to meet with prospective partners, attend trade shows or industry events.
- Finally, you love the idea of bridging business strategy with sustainable development focused on the people and the planet. You'll have one of the most rewarding jobs on the planet - we're impactful, we're entrepreneurial, and we're fun!
To Apply: Please submit both a resume and a cover letter to the attention of CPG
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on Bronze Magazine